Full form of IP is Internet Protocol address. This protocol is a unique numeric value which is assigned to every device like a computer, printer, router etc which will use the internet to communicate. Every communicating device has a unique IP address which is having basic two functions, one is host identification and another is to identify the location. The IP address 192.168.0.1 is the inbuilt IP address build into some routers. This is an internet protocol version 4 network address. You can change this IP address by using the control panel or management console of routing device or peripherals.
HOW TO ACCESS DI-524 ROUTER
If you want to access your router setting page, you don’t need an active internet connection. You simply just need to find out which IP address is used by your router. In the case of Netgear and D-link routers this is 192.168.0.1 or sometimes it is misspelled as 192.168.o.1. For other routers it may be different for example Linksys it is 192.168.1.1.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU FORGET YOUR D-LINK PASSWORD
If the blank password is not working for your internet connections that mean that you have changed it already since it was firstly installed. But in case you just forget your password and unable to connect it anymore you can simply reset the password by changing its factory settings, which will restore the password to the blank default one as well as restore the username to admin.
Here is the procedure how you can do this.
1. Turn your router back, where you can see the back of it where the antenna, power cable and plug are attached.
2. Before doing this, please check that power cable is firmly attached.
3. Take a sharp thing like toothpick or needle, hold down in the reset button just for 10 seconds.
4. Wait for 30 seconds, for the DI-524 to finish resetting, and then unplug the power cable for few seconds.
5. Once you plug your power cable again, wait for at least few more seconds to complete the bootup process. After that, you can simply log in by putting username and password as admin.
It is recommended that, if you don’t have much knowledge about it, take help from someone who knows about it.
Also if your modem/router has a different IP address then you can check them from below: